New to Yoga?
All our yoga classes welcome beginners. Yoga is a great practice to get into and all our teachers are very welcoming to newcomers. Just choose your class from the timetable and turn up (a few of the classes should be prebooked, these are made clear on the timetable) – we have two beautiful, light and spacious studios in a leafy part of central Perth by the river and pre-booking is not required for the majority of classes.
What is yoga?
Yoga is a physical and spiritual practice or discipline, to bring body and mind together, or to “still the mind”. All yoga comes from Hatha Raja Yoga which means yoga of body and mind. Within that, Perth Yoga Studio teaches a selection of styles:
- Hatha Yoga – a general yoga class with postures/movements, breathing, relaxation and meditation – well balanced classes suitable for all levels
- Ashtanga Yoga – a flowing sequence of postures for strength, flexibility and focus, linking movement to the breath. An active practice which works both body and mind together.
- Yoga for Men – building flexibility and focus, based on ashtanga yoga (see above)
- Kundalini Yoga – meditation, mantra, physical exercise and breathwork
- Active Yoga – strengthening and stimulating to develop physical tone and overall body/mind balance
- Pregnancy Yoga – specialist class for pregnant mums
- Baby Yoga – to enhance fun/movement interaction and communication between parent and baby